Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), 24th September 2020
- Once again blaming the people, Rouhani said that the medical staff’s expectations from the people to follow the instructions had not been met. In a blatant lie, he also claimed that from the beginning of the Coronavirus outbreak… the government had given priority to meeting the needs of the health sector and the medical staff.
- Saeid Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: I have taken a small part of the $1 billion to which Khamenei agreed. I am not sure to what other more important work (the rest of the money) has been dedicated to. (Hamshahri daily, September 24, 2020)
- Iraj Harirchi, Deputy Health Minister: The medical staff have not been paid for 3 to 4 months. The disease is quasi-explosive in Isfahan, East Azerbaijan, Qom, Kohgiluyeh, and Boyer-Ahmad. (Tabnak, September 24, 2020)
- According to doctors and nurses: Sina Hospital is full. Four hundred of the medical staff have contracted the virus, 200 of whom are still hospitalized. The Hospital is in dire financial strains and lacks essential equipment such as masks, gloves, and staff clothing.
- At Masih Daneshvari Hospital, the number of Coronavirus patients has increased from 60 to 230 per day, all of whom are in critical condition. The death toll is 7 to 8 people daily. Some patients die 3-4 hours after arriving at the hospital.
- At least 250 people have died at Khomeini Hospital in September. Since the end of September, there have been more than ten deaths daily.
- In Loghman Hakim Hospital half of the hospital staff have contracted the virus, such that the Hospital is facing a severe shortage of staff.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (NCRI/ MEK) announced on September 24, 2020, that the number of Coronavirus fatalities in 440 cities had exceeded 108,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 26,046, Khorasan Razavi 8,022, Isfahan 5,299, East Azerbaijan 3,413, Sistan and Baluchestan 3,283, Golestan 3,111, Alborz 3,047, West Azerbaijan 2,856, Yazd 1,435, and Qazvin 986.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 24, 2020