Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), 14th November 2020
- Hassan Rouhani again opposed the emphatic demands by regime experts to impose a two-week lockdown on the country. He said starting November 21, some restrictions will be implemented.
- Regime Health Ministry: The scale of infections and hospitalizations have increased with a steep slope relative to the past week. It has reached the highest levels since the start of the Epidemic in Iran. (IRNA, November 14, 2020).
- Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi: 3,000 COVID19 patients are being hospitalized every day. The figure for deaths will double in the next two weeks. (Mehr news agency, November 14, 2020).
- Head of the regime’s Supreme Medical Council: The country’s officials and those in the Health Ministry must be accountable for their legal obligations, instead of engaging in rhetoric, spreading superstition and claims of manufacturing a vaccine. (Mostaqel daily, November 14, 2020).
- Aftab Yazd daily: In a not too distant future we will witness a massacre due to the Coronavirus, which will bring calamities for our generation and for those in the future. (November 14, 2020).
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon, November 14, 2020, that Coronavirus has taken the lives of more than 154,300 people in 465 cities across Iran. The death toll in various provinces include: 37,541 in Tehran, 11,460 in Khorasan Razavi, 8,670 in Isfahan, 6,530 in Lorestan, 6,415 in Qom, 6,382 in Mazandaran, 5,702 in East Azerbaijan, 4,984 in West Azerbaijan, 4,240 in Alborz, 4,195 in Fars, 3,986 in Golestan, 3,965 in Hamedan, 3,368 in Kermanshah, 2,840 in Markazi (Central), 2,655 in Yazd, 2,596 in Kerman, 2,360 in Semnan, 1,765 in Hormozgan, 1,688 in Ardabil, 1,445 in Zanjan, 1,355 in Ilam, 1,351 in South Khorasan, and 1,210 in Chaharmahal & Bakhtiari.
The regime’s Health Ministry Spokesperson told IRNA today, “The scale of Coronavirus infections and hospitalizations increased with a steep slope last week and reached its highest levels since the spread of the virus in the country. The number of deaths relative to the past week has greatly increased. The average daily infections last week was 26.5 for every 100,000 people and the highest number of infections were in Ilam, Semnan, South Khorasan, and Yazd provinces. The average weekly death toll has increased substantially to 45 per one million persons. The highest death rate per capita has occurred in Yazd, Ilam, South Khorasan, Semnan, and West Azerbaijan provinces, much higher than other provinces.
Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi was quoted by Mehr news agency today as announcing the hospitalization of 3,000 Coronavirus patients every day and emphasizing the need for a two-week lockdown. He said, “It is predicted that the number of deaths and hospitalizations in the next two weeks will double the current figure. COVID-19 will be with us for several years. So, we must be hopeful for a vaccine only.” Regarding the suggestion for a two-week lockdown of Tehran, he said, “A two-week lockdown is inadequate but necessary to reduce the number of deaths.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
November 14, 2020