Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), 26th October 2020
- Regime’s Deputy Health Minister: The entire city in all 43cities which we have announced are almost closed, except for essential needs. Unfortunately, we have no other choice but to close the cities. Other cities may also be closed later.
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: 6,050 Coronavirus patients are hospitalized in Tehran, and 1,800 are in Intensive Care Units. Since last night, 850 patients have been hospitalized, and only 500 have been discharged. In terms of mortality, the statistics in Tehran are still increasing. (State TV, October 25, 2020)
- Minoo Mohraz, a member of the NCCT: It’s astonishing. It is terrifying to see that the patients are waiting for an empty bed in the corridors while connected to a ventilator. (State TV, October 24, 2020)
- Member of Tehran City Council told state-run daily, Hamshahri, today: The Coronavirus death toll in the capital has reached between 150 to 160, which is 15 to 20 times higher than April.
- Greater Tehran traffic Police Chief: Behesht Zahra Cemetery, the biggest Cemetery in the capital Tehran is in critical condition. (Khabar Online news site, October 26, 2020)
- Kerman University of Medical Sciences: The Coronavirus death toll in the country will reach 79 to 80,000 by February; that is, another 40,000 people will die.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, October 26, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 460 cities had exceeded 133,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 32,241, Khorasan Razavi 10,042, Isfahan 7,372, Qom 5,785, Lorestan 5,728, East Azerbaijan 4,736, West Azerbaijan 3,871, Alborz 3,698, Sistan and Baluchestan 3,601, Fars 3,496, Kermanshah 2,863, Kurdistan 2,396, Kerman 2,085, Yazd 2,041, Semnan 2,012, Central Province 1,877, Hormozgan 1,670, Ardabil 1,493, Qazvin 1,342, and Ilam 1,104.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 26, 2020