Iranians’ Aspirations for Freedom and Democracy in the New Iranian Year
Washington, DC–The U.S. Representative Office of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI-US) will hold an online conference on Friday, March 25, 2022, to discuss Iran’s internal situation, Tehran’s nuclear and regional defiance, its support for the invasion of Ukraine and prospects for fundamental change.
Distinguished policy and national security figures will join to consider a framework for an Iran policy effective in neutralizing Tehran’s malign conduct and supportive of the Iranian people’s aspirations for freedom and democracy.
- Amb. Lincoln Bloomfield, Jr., former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Political Military Affairs; Chairman Emeritus, Board of Directors and Distinguished Fellow, Stimson Center
- Dr. Steven Bucci, visiting fellow at The Heritage Foundation and a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
- Amb. Joseph DeTrani, former Director of the National Counterproliferation Center and Special Adviser to the Director of National Intelligence
- Amb. Paula Dobriansky, former Under Secretary of State for Global Affairs, Senior Fellow in Harvard University’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Vice Chair of the Atlantic Council’s Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security
- Amb. Robert G. Joseph, former Undersecretary of State for Arms Control & International Security
- Hon. Michael Mukasey, 81st Attorney General of the United States
- Dr. Behzad Raofi, Project Verification and Validation Lead Engineer and Chief Validation Engineer for Space Missions, NASA
- Amb. Mitchell Reiss, former Director of Policy Planning, U.S. Department of State
- Jonathan Ruhe, JINSA Director of Foreign Policy
- Soona Samsami, U.S. Representative, National Council of Resistance of Iran
- Hon. David Shedd, former Acting Director, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Dr. Siamack Shojai, Professor and former Dean of The Cotsakos College of Business, William Paterson University
- Hon. Robert G. Torricelli, former Democratic Senator from New Jersey
- General (ret.) Chuck F. Wald, former Deputy Commander of United States European Command
The panel will be moderated by Mr. Alireza Jafarzadeh, NCRI-US Deputy Director.
DATE: Friday, March 25, 2022; 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
RSVP: To RSVP and for media inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org