Policy Experts to Assess Prospects for Change in Iran
Celebration of Nowruz and Iranians’ Aspirations for Freedom and Democracy
Washington, DC – As the ancient Iranian New Year, Nowruz, is celebrated, the U.S. Representative Office of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI-US) will hold an online conference on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, to discuss Iran’s internal situation, prospects for fundamental change, and the Tehran regime’s regional and international behavior.
Distinguished policy and national security figures will join to consider a framework for an Iran policy effective in neutralizing Tehran’s malign conduct and supportive of the Iranian people’s aspirations for freedom and democracy.
- Senator Robert G. Torricelli, former Democratic Senator from New Jersey
- Hon. Tom Ridge, former Secretary of Homeland Security and Governor of Pennsylvania.
- General (ret.) Charles “Chuck” F. Wald, former Deputy Commander of United States European Command
- Amb. Mitchell Reiss, former director of Policy Planning, U.S. Department of State
- Prof. Matthew Kroenig, director of the Global Strategy Initiative at The Atlantic Council
- Amb. Robert G. Joseph, former Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Dr. Steven Bucci, visiting fellow at The Heritage Foundation and a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
- Amb. Lincoln P. Bloomfield, Jr., former Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs
- Prof. Ivan Sascha Sheehan, executive director of the School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Baltimore
- Amb. Marc Ginsberg, former Ambassador to Morocco and former White House Middle East advisor for President Carter
- John Sano, former Deputy Director, National Clandestine Service
- Bruce McColm, president, Global Initiative for Democracy; former Executive Director of Freedom House
- Soona Samsami, U.S. Representative, National Council of Resistance of Iran
Briefing will be moderated by Alireza Jafarzadeh, Deputy Director of the NCRI-US
WHEN: Wednesday, March 24, 2021; 11:00 AM EST
To RSVP and for media inquiries, contact: email@example.com
# # #