From left, Dr. Olli Heinonen, Amb. Joseph DeTrani, Hon. John Rood, Amb. Robert Joseph, and Mr. Alireza Jafarzadeh.
WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES, May 29, 2020 /EINPresswire.com/ — On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, the U.S. Representative Office of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI-US) will host an online panel to discuss:
- Iran’s regional aggression, direct and through support for proxy militias;
- Iran’s missile and nuclear programs, including the reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA);
- The role of sanctions, including the UN arms embargo, due to expire in October 2020;
- Iran’s terrorist activities, including assassinations of dissidents; and
- Iran’s COVID-19 crisis, and the systemic corruption and repression of protests.
- John Rood, Former Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (2018-2020)
- Robert Joseph, Former Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security (2005-2007)
- Joseph DeTrani, Former Director of National Counterproliferation Center and Special Adviser to the Director of National Intelligence.
- Olli Heinonen, Distinguished fellow at the Stimson Center, Former deputy director general of the IAEA, and head of its Department of Safeguards.
- Alireza Jafarzadeh, Deputy Director, NCRI-US
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
NOTE: Registration is required and available to accredited journalists, members of the diplomatic corps, think tanks, academic institutions, and the U.S. Government.